If you’ve ever suffered from foot drop, you will know the effect that it can have on your day-to-day life – even walking around can become a problem and can leave you at risk of falling. The Ottobock WalkOn Trimable AFO is ideal for people suffering drop foot with no more than mild spasticity, providing you with an easier way to beat foot drop and associated problems.
With a design that can be easily trimmed down to the perfect size, the Ottobock Trimable AFO fits comfortably in your shoes and provides you with a discreet solution to beating foot drop.
The WalkOn Trimable helps lift the foot during the swing phase, so that the gait becomes safer again while the risk of stumbling and falling is reduced for individuals with drop foot/dorsiflexor weakness. Meaning that the tip of the foot no longer gets caught as easily on small obstacles or uneven ground.
- Dorsal flexor weakness with slight to moderate spasticity
- The WalkOn is suitable for indoor and outdoor use by users with no or only mild impairment of motor control in the knee joint, and possibly a slight instability in the ankle joint
- The indication frequently occurs after a stroke, traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular atrophy or peroneal paralysis
- Supports lifting the foot
- Promotes dynamic rollover
- Increases the stride length by improving muscle dynamics
- Promotes exterior rotation of the foot at heel strike
- Promotes a physiological gait pattern
- Reduces the risk of falling
- Made of carbon fibre prepreg
- Energy is stored and returned during the gait cycle
- Slim design
- Inconspicuous to wear
- Low weight
- High acceptance
- Two comfortable calf bands
- Skin-friendly padding, washable and exchangeable
- Medial guidance of the longitudinal arch by the pylon
- Prevents supination in solid footwear
- Dorsal pylon/spring to calf band
- Good control at heel strike and toe-off
- Manufactured from a composite material that allows for a smooth and slim design
- High durability for lasting use
- Lightweight design for greater comfort levels in more shoes
- Two comfortable calf bands included in each package
- Easy and quick to put on and take off
- Easily adapted to the shoe size by a pair of scissors – no grinding necessary
- The WalkOn Trimable is available in four different sizes; please see the table below for more information about which size is right for you. For an even greater level of fit, the AFO can be trimmed so that it matches your shoes precisely, giving a greater level of comfort and making the AFO more effective
There are several situations that may necessitate the use of an AFO, such as:
- After suffering a stroke
- After a traumatic brain injury in multiple sclerosis
- Neural muscular atrophy
- Peroneal palsy
- General muscle weakness
Please note that this AFO is designed for use by people that have no more than mild spasticity.
The Ottobock WalkOn Trimable provides you with a dynamic and physiological gait, natural heel strike and an increase in step length and walking speed. All of this means that when using the WalkOn, you should be able to walk with much the same confidence and gait as you did before suffering from foot drop through improved foot clearance and a smooth roll-over in the heel and forefoot zone. With a greater level of clearance to your foot, you are far less likely to suffer falls.
Also see here for the WalkOn AFO and more information on AFOs (ankle foot orthosis).
For our WalkOn range please click here.
As with all of our supports and braces we reccommend a gradual wearing in period to improve your comfort as you get used to the orthosis. If you have any further questions please contact us on , or email one of our clinicians at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Size||UK Shoe Size||EU Shoe Size||Total Height|
|Small||Size 3.5 – 5.5||Size 36 – 39||35cm (13.8″)|
|Medium||Size 5.5 – 8||Size 39 – 42||36cm (14.2″)|
|Large||Size 8 – 10.5||Size 42 – 45||37cm (14.6″)|
|Extra Large||Size 10.5 – 13||Size 45 – 48||39cm (15.4″)|