ORTHOSIS FOR STABILIZATION OF THE ANKLE
- Early functional / non-surgical treatment for capsular ligament injuries in the ankle and bifurcate ligament injuries (e. g. after sprained ankle and ligament rupture)
- Post-operative protection after ligamental suturing / reconstruction
- Chronic ligament insufficiency
- Relapse prevention
- High degree of stabilization provided by a medial and lateral plastic shell.
- Anatomical shape conforms to the outside edge of the foot to counteract supination, even without a shoe, and is also functionally effective.
- Special anti-fatigue cushion ensures excellent wearing comfort.
- The neuromuscular effect of the plantar guide promotes the activation of the tibialis anterior muscles and thus counteracts supination.
- The Velcro strap system, wound in a figure of eight pattern, ensures that it is quick and easy to put on and guarantees extra comfort.
Mode of Action
- The orthosis stabilizes the foot and protects against lateral twisting without significantly obstructingnormal heel-to-toe movement.
- MalleoLoc is positioned anterolaterally and medially on the joint to counteract talar shift without restricting freedom of movement in the plantar flexion.
- The strap system allows the degree of immobilization to be continuously adjusted.
- The plantar guide helps to create neuromuscular effects and thus actively stabilizes the ankle joint through the muscles.
|1 (normal)||Below 6 cm|
|2 (wide)||Above 6 cm|